Saturday 24 January 2009

Day 116 of 365: Doctor Matt's Orders


The husband has been doing a stellar job of looking after me while I continue to combat the "lurg." He has been making sure I am taking the decongestant pills every 4-6 hours and even reminded me of the special blue ones for nighttime. I'm past most of the runny nose bits and now just dealing with super dry lips and a tender lymphnodes. I fully expect the coughing fits to commence shortly after -- record time, folks!

I was awake from mid-morning until about half-three. Then I began to feel achy again so I napped a few hours. When I woke up I played Sims 2 for a bit and managed to inadvertently kill off the entire Cullen family I had previously created by using a manual cheat code to increase their aspiration levels. Too much? Lesson learned there. Oops.

Matt was having Xbox bonding time with Daz while I napped, so when he returned, I made sure to have cheesy chicken, broccoli and rice bake ready fresh from the oven for the two of us to devour. It was the least I could do for him putting up with me when I'm not feeling well -- I'm sure I can be a real treat.

We watched the remaining episodes from Season 1 of Dexter and then...tragedy struck. We realized we didn't have Season 2 yet so I wasn't able to get my fix. It was pretty serious. I nearly had a breakdown. My body just shut down and I was forced to go to bed. I honestly don't know what I will do once I get through Season 2. The Dexter-reserved portion of my life will feel so...empty.

No comments: