Thursday 29 January 2009

Day 121 of 365: Suddenly I See


Check out my loot, courtesy Specsavers!!

I joined the monthly contact lens scheme which means I pay £15/mo. and receive my contacts and supplies via post. My first shipment was sent to the store, so Matt took me to pick them up tonight.

I get three bottles of solution, three months worth of lenses, a lens disinfecting container (the kind with the "cages" for my lenses), and apparently a fun little magazine showcasing the latest in hip eye wear (which will be tucked away for later so I can purchase some non-nerdy specs).

You know you're getting old when you get so excited about corrective vision options. Then again, this is me, and according to my husband, it doesn't take much.

Something that has excited me immensely as well...

I received a call this morning for a PPA-cover post to start next Monday and last until the 13th of February!! This is such good news!! Plus, it's always a relief to be in the same school for more than one day. I think the regular staff tend to take you a bit more seriously as well. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Also, since my paycheck tomorrow will be my first pretty "healthy" one, we're taking a trip to Malvern Hills on Saturday (weather permitting). Matt has been telling me things about Malvern since my first visit to England in 2006, so this should be a fantastic photo opportunity!

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Congrats on the work! :) Sorry I haven't been online, been busy trying to study and I work lates this week so that does not help.. ugh Hope the weather is nice for you and I can't wait to see all the pictures!! :)