Thursday 28 May 2009

Day 240 of 365: Perform a U-Turn When Possible


Today I threw caution to the wind and decided to go for a drive to Kinver. Matt took me to Kinver Edge on my first trip to England in 2006 and I fell in love with the little town. It's so quaint and definitely a place we wouldn't mind living.

Since Kinver is less than 10 miles away, I felt confident in my navigation skills to find my way there. What I didn't count on was gorgeous scenery and a fantastic playlist on the radio to distract me from my turnoff. By the time I realised I had gone too far, I saw signs welcoming me to Bridgnorth -- a further 12 miles from Kinver!

Mileage may not seem so much to those in the US, but it is here when it's nothing but winding, narrow, country roads.

I didn't drive into the town centre, but took the first opportunity to turn around and head back home. After all, I didn't want Matt to worry when he returned home from work since the last he knew, I was popping to the store for bread and soda.

I stopped at a dinky petrol station on the way back to try and capture the beauty of the countryside, but I fear my camera is on its last leg. All my photos seems to have a blur about them anymore. Also, I'm still trying to figure out the range of the hilly/mountain persuasion in the background. I don't think I was that close to Wales. Ludlow maybe? Oh well.

Anyway, here's to hoping the sun continues to grace Britain for the remainder of the week and weekend.

*holds breath*

No comments: