Sunday 19 July 2009

Day 292 of 365: Briars-gon Trail


I think my husband might think I am going mad. We're unloading the last bit of things from the old flat (since Matt turns in the keys tomorrow) and I HAD to stop for this little fella. I named him Herman. I just couldn't resist taking a photo before I promptly picked him up from the walking path and placed him with his other snail-friends under the neighbours' bush. The last thing we want is a trod-on snail to track through the house.

It has been raining quite a bit today off and on and the damp weather really seems to bring out these slimy little creatures. I'm forever seeing little snail-trails across the pavement when we come home on a night, but I rarely catch them out unless we have a good downpour.

At least I know this little guy is safe and sound and out of harm's way...for now.

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Can't stand them. And there must be a small crack between my kitchen door and the wall cause I found a slug just inside on floor. *UGH* I will need to find it and to keep all of the gross creatures away from me. lol