Thursday 27 August 2009

Day 331 of 365: Somebunny Wants a Cuddle


I heard a knock at the door shortly after 9 this morning and when I peered down from the open bedroom window I saw a man with red Royal Mail gear. I've learned from experience that if you don't catch a parcel delivery here when they show up (which can be anywhere from 9am to 12pm) that you cannot pick up the parcel until the following business day and by then it is only within a certain small window. Let it be known now that I don't possess that degree of patience.

I signed for the delivery and took it inside for further inspection. I saw it had been sent from Washington DC and it dawned on me that one fabulous Natalie I know (who makes what I imagine to be equally fabulous cupcakes) mentioned something might "not" be on it's way to me. Ignoring the customs declaration slip (as I wanted to be surprised of the contents) I opened the box and brown tissue paper to find this super-soft cuddly, snuggly buddy inside with a card that it was for 'Baby Boy Bennett.'

SQUEEEE
!! Isn't he the CUTEST?! I cannot emphasize how SOFT he is! I couldn't quit rubbing his floppy bunny ears! Matt even had a little play by posing the ears into what he called 'G-Force' and 'Rastafarian' bunny-mode, which was quite funny to see.

Something tells me I may have to have a special chat with dear hubby to remind him about sharing once our little bunny is here. And of course a HUGE shout out of THANKS to Natalie and her hubby Jeff for the sweet and thoughtful gift!! xx

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Meggo! I'm so happy you liked it! We too, walked around the store with the bunny, rubbing his ears. I should also mention that it's nothing short of a miracle that it made it to your house! When it came time to fill your address into the blanks on the customs slip it took me and the two ladies at the post office/gift shop ten minutes to decide where to put everything, haha!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

How cute is he!?!? :)