Sunday 25 October 2009

Year 2 Day 25: Sunday Dinner for the Shut-in



Complete with pork and all the trimmings -- carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, curly kale, and (my personal favourite) roast potatoes. THANK YOU, EMMA!!! To my fellow Americans, unless you get food this delicious EVERY Sunday...you don't know what you're missing. Seriously.

Rather than 'spread the love' that is the germiness currently in my body, I opted to stay home today and sent Matt on to enjoy some time away from my 'Marge Simpson' froggy-voice impressions (Barrrrt!) -- even if he doesn't see it that way. To be fair, he's been wonderful waiting on me hand and foot, bringing me tea with honey, giving me hugs (despite the threat of him contracting this and getting poorly himself). I would do nothing less than the same for him in this situation, but as much as I appreciate having him around to make sure I'm okay, I want him to have a bit of 'normal' time with his sister and Daz -- and our little niece, of course.

He won't be missing much anyway, because as I type this I have finished my meal, it's 20 minutes past five and my only plan from here on out is to take my co-codamol tablet (which hubby thoughtfully broke in-half for me), have a nice soak in the tub, and then meet up with the bed and duvet for our after-dinner sleep-date.

Just doing my part to keep away "the lurg."

1 comment:

The Little Miss said...

that looks good and really healthy!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila