Wednesday 7 October 2009

Year 2 Day 7: A Mile In My Shoes


Today was a lot more of the same boring nothing. I was woken up this morning by a massive ninja-kick to the inside of my belly button and a burning sensation in my throat quickly following. I'm convinced bunny set off a chain of events similar to that of an 'earthquake to volcano combo' and there I was at 20 minutes to seven with awful acid reflux trying to finish my sleep downstairs on the sofa in my dressing gown. Although I did eventually get dressed, I pretty much stayed on the sofa for the remainder of the morning/afternoon because I felt very light headed and a bit short of breath. I'm thinking gestating a human when you're only five feet tall ties into this somehow. (Just a thought.)

I worked on my scarf a bit and made a few phone calls about work, but other than that, it was a typical uneventful day.

Just before 7pm hubby and I decided on pasta bake for tea and I thought it might actually do me some good to get out of the house for a walk. Unfortunately the sun had set so it wasn't optimal for photos. However, I was still able to get in a good 25 minutes and managed a brisk walk of just over a mile round trip. I was also pleased to find a route that was well lit with a considerable amount of traffic, so that eased Matt's mind.

Other than that...I got nothin' for today. See? Boring.

I sure hope I start getting calls for work soon...otherwise I'm liable to climb the walls or chew off one of my own limbs.

3 comments:

sevans said...

Good for you for walking! And I totally empathize with you about being short and pregnant. Not a good combination, IMO. When are you due?

iamawatermelon said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. My friend Natalie (who is a friend of yours) recommended it to me, as I'm 28 weeks pregnant, home on bedrest, and bored out of my mind!

I just started one of these as well, I figure writing has to help with the boredom.

I can't wait to head back and read your archives. Finally, someone in similar shoes as me! (And I'm also tiny - 4'11")

Meg said...

sevans - I'm due the 10th of December. 3rd tri has really snuck up on me.

iamawatermelon - I can empathize with the boredom. Although I'm not on bed rest, I'm also not getting calls for work at the moment and don't know what I'd do without the blog. I find writing very therapeutic. (It's like permission to whinge.)

Hope you find some additional entertainment in the archives. :-)