Saturday 21 November 2009

Year 2 Day 52: Ask and You Shall Receive



While looking online early this evening for a HypnoBirthing book from Waterstones, my body suddenly went into a bit of shock. I felt really weak and nauseous and my limbs were shaking. Immediately Matt ran into the kitchen to get me a quick bowl of cereal and then proceeded to make me some toast to help with the queasiness. Since I had been home all day, I thought I had a couple sandwiches but soon realised the last thing I actually had was breakfast shortly after noon. Oopsie.

After shoveling these things down my gob, I had a drink and went to lie down. During this time I was mumbling through tears of frustration to Matt about how I could just eat a whole bag of sugar despite knowing how gross the thought was. I went on to name a slew of sugary-related things that I could consume...one of which included some Ben & Jerry's chocolate ice cream that has the little chunks of marshmallow inside, all the while knowing I was just rambling on about nothing.

He made the call within this time to forfeit our regular Saturday visit to Em & Daz and stay here at home with me...even though I told him I'd be okay for him to go. He said he still didn't feel right to leave me.

After a couple hours of rest, he decided to pop down to the shop to grab some things. When he returned, he had a small bag of sugary-treats, including a bag of pink & white jumbo marshmallows. I'm not normally about scarfing down such things and I've been really good through this pregnancy about not over-indulging, but the fact that I was craving the sugar so bad gave me the biggest grin. He really looks out for me and I don't know what I would do without him.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I LOVE this man?!

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Hope you are feeling better now! :)

Have you noticed how there are no plain white marshmallows over here? They are all white and pick! Very odd.