Monday 7 December 2009

Year 2 Day 68: Take a Number



My weekly midwife appointment went smoothly but resulted in an unexpected trip to Russell's Hall to have some bloodwork done. I'm pretty proud that I am getting quite good at this 'human pincushion' thing and I can finally take a small needle in the arm without anxiety that causes me to nearly burst into tears. Yeah, I'm pretty badass if I do say so myself. Can I have a lolly now?

Basically, when I mentioned to the midwife that I had a bit of itching in my hands and feet over the weekend she asked how the movements were with the baby. Since I haven't noticed any change, she said she still wanted me to go down today and have some bloods taken to rule out a condition called Obstetric Cholestasis -- which causes a build up of bile acids in the bloodstream. Since symptoms usually occur in the later stages of pregnancy, this can also be caused by a simple increase in hormones so that is why a blood test was necessary.

I'm told I'll be contacted Wednesday with the results anyway, and follow-ups may be required -- so we will see how things go.

In the meantime, I wanted to include a second photo tonight, completely unrelated, but totally worth a little look-see. Since about October, Matt has been having chicken and cheese sandwiches for his dinner at work...mainly because it's cheap and quick and saves him paying £30/week or more on store-bought sandwiches at Greggs. In the past couple of weeks, Matt's appetite for these meals made with love has decreased significantly as I'm sure chicken is getting a bit redundant...so tomorrow, when he pulls his foil-wrapped treat from the fridge he will appreciate my attempt at the following subliminal message...



I hope it works! If not, it will at least get a laugh.

No comments: