Tuesday 15 December 2009

Year 2 Day 76: Womb Held Hostage - Day 5



I finally emerged today after a splitting headache that seemed to be concentrated just behind my right eye. Matt had worked out an arrangement with his mom to borrow her treadmill so I can walk till I'm blue in the face -- or till a baby comes (preferably the latter). He prefers this to me walking outside on my own since it gets dark so quickly in the evening now and so I can be at home in the event something starts to happen. One can only hope!

I was really hoping that he would make his appearance today, in fact. It marks the 14th year since my mom's passing and a small part of me had wishful thinking that there would be a joyous thing to celebrate on this day for a change. Not that there still won't be when he does get here, but I'm trying to keep my spirits up by channeling her endless humour at least.

So...

We have now entered day FIVE of my womb being held hostage. I've tried bribes. I've tried threats. This bunny is in full hibernation mode, it seems. I even told Matt I was ready to go to the Gypsies and ask to borrow a donkey to take to Bethlehem. You know what they say about bumpy rides.

This kid is comfy, folks. I on the other hand...am not so much. I feel a bit like a cow.

Regardless, if it gets to Friday and he's not here, we will be forced to enter official negotiations because I want time to recoup before Christmas. I hope he will come to his senses by then.

In the meantime, a quick shout-out to my Father-in-Law, David. It's his birthday today and try as I might to gift-wrap his first grandson for him, it seems he will have to be a belated 'gift.'

1 comment:

geeta said...

Keep walking! You can do it!