Saturday 19 December 2009

Year 2 Day 80: The Encounter



Here is what I have waited for all these months! Allow me to introduce to you the MOST precious and perfect gift I have ever been given and could ever share with my wonderful husband, our son, Ryan Joseph. Born on the 19th of December 2009 at 3:57am and weighing a healthy 8 lbs. 7 oz.

After over 20 hours of labour, he made his cameo to the world via cesarian section with Matt by my side. When they held him above the curtain, the first and only thing I saw was his naked little bum cheeks before he was whisked away to be checked over. Matt and I finally heard him cry and my heart melted.


The most perfect words I can think that fit closely enough to how I felt are from a gorgeous Andrea Bocelli song called L'Incontro (The Encounter). It is a song about the birth of his first born son and at the beginning is a poem translated into English by Bono. The final line of that poem being...

"This newborn child is already more important to me than that of my own life."

I never thought I could love anyone so much SO quickly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quote is so perfect and true. As the mother to a now 22 year old " baby girl " I can assure you it will never change.

Your son is a beautiful gift and I am so happy to hear you are safely delivered. Congratulations to you and Matt and welcome to the world baby Ryan.

Kim said...

Yay! I'm so excited you finally posted a picture of him! He's a gorgeous healthy boy! Much congratulations to you and Matt!