Friday 30 April 2010

Year 2 Day 212: A Bunny for Bunny


This arrived in the post this afternoon for Ryan from my Aunt Lisa in America. As you will have read before on here, while I was pregnant I referred to Ryan as 'Bunny' because we wanted to wait until he was born to share his name. Here my aunt has hand-crafted this cute little quilted bunny, but it is even more special for a different reason, and I didn't know why until I read the note that was sent with it.

You see, I noticed that it had two buttons and some ruffled fabric and I thought it a bit odd to have a couple of rogue buttons on it...until the note explained that it was actually made from one of my Mom's old nightgowns (she LOVED nightgowns). My aunt has kept a few all these years and said she knew she wanted to make something from them and then she got this idea. Now Ryan has something very special that once belonged to his Grandma Mary. It means so much to me and I hope one day he can appreciate it too!

From the bottom of my heart...thank you, Aunt Lisa! xx

1 comment:

The New Mrs. C said...

Awww.....really really sweet of your aunt to make that bunny. I hope the whole family will love and cherish it. :)