Tuesday 1 June 2010

Year 2 Day 244: Just An Ordinary Day


It was a pretty good day overall. Ryan was generally happy and even managed a couple of naps. Unfortunately the initial nap was short-lived as the landlord is having carpet laid in the property next to us, so lots of banging woke him up. I was furious at the time, but managed to get him down again an hour later.

When Matt got home, I fed Ryan while he washed up from work and then I was able to get out to start my first day back on the Couch to 5K (C25K). It took me 30 minutes to complete and was the first time I was physically away from Ryan -- as in OUTSIDE the house -- since before he was born. Not only that, it was the first time Matt has been really left alone with him!

It was a wonderful feeling...30 whole minutes to myself. No CBeebies in the background, no grizzling baby from sore gums...just a techno-fueled podcast and a 1.6 mile circuit. I love my baby more than anything, but it was long-overdue. Even better was that I returned to a good report from Daddy, which means attempt #1 was successful!

No comments: