Monday 14 June 2010

Year 2 Day 257: Don't Stop Me Now!


Somebody sure was having a good time today! It seemed every time I looked down, Ryan had rolled or used his crunchy leaf on the play mat to pull himself over onto his belly. From there he would scale across the mat like he was in Mission Impossible. He may not be properly crawling, but I'd venture to say it's only a matter of time now.

We did our weekly shop at Asda earlier tonight and although he fell asleep in the car on the way there, he woke up once we arrived so I wore him in the Moby hoping he would drift back to sleep. But oh no, not my kid -- always afraid he's going to miss something, needed to flirt with the cashier.

We got home and again, he was asleep in his car seat. So I carefully tried to get him ready for bed and feed him. I had him passed out on my shoulder as I went up the stairs and as soon as I placed him in his cot I practically HEARD the ::PING:: of his eyelids in the pitch black room. He stiffened his body and immediately reached for my nose.

I gave up.

So now he is happily in Daddy's arms being rocked as we look slightly forward to the moment when he gets sleepy enough to go down for the night.

::crosses fingers that this other tooth comes through soon::

No comments: