Wednesday 23 June 2010

Year 2 Day 266: Savour This Moment


Today was a good day -- an all around really good day for many reasons. It began this morning when I noticed that Ryan's second tooth had broken through. You can only just feel the one corner, but it's definitely through the gum now! I'd like to think that is it as far as this whole teething thing is concerned, but I know all too well what I have in store.

Also, Ryan actually decided to go down for a nap and this freed me up to get some things done, such as laundry and dishes. I never thought I would be happy to be doing chores, but I now find myself looking forward to these accomplishments.


The next good thing that happened from there was THIS GUY managed to score a goal and keep the US in the World Cup! Now, to someone who does not follow this sport, in general soccer/footy does not even register on my Give-a-shit-O-meter...but when Landon Donovan scored, I sprung to my feet and shouted 'GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL!' It was very reminiscent of US college football, the elation I felt inside. And I'm sure my neighbour isn't very pleased he has to live so close to a loud American-type.


Ryan wasn't phased, but I'd like to think that inside he was chanting 'U-S-A...U-S-A...U-S-A!' Actually, come to think of it, that's another reason why today was so good because BOTH of Ryan's teams won their games today...so rock on England as well!

The very best part of the day for me, however, was when I brought Ryan outside to eat some fruit we picked up earlier in the afternoon. I gave him a choice of apple, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew. He tried a bit of each, but was particularly keen on the watermelon. In fact, look what happened after he had a bit of said watermelon...




HE CHEWED IT!!! For the FIRST time in our Baby-Led Weaning journey, he properly chewed his food rather than just sucking on it! I'm over the moon about this and so very proud of my smart cookie!


And I think he's proud of himself as well!

Wow...what a good day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

His face is so funny in the video and it made me laugh! Yay for chewing!