Saturday 12 June 2010

Year 2 Day 255: Raise Your Glasses...


Raise your glasses...or cans of cider -- whichev -- for a toast to the start of the FIFA World Cup 2010 in a match between England and the USA! Ryan has hit a few special milestones today...he witnessed his first World Cup game with his Daddy's country against his Mommy's country, for one. Mommy even pushed him around Merry Hill earlier this afternoon while he sported his England cap and she got looks from the British public as she was wearing her American flag shirt -- oops, was that the only clean one out of the laundry??

Secondly...he held his first can of cider -- and before anyone gets in a tizzy over this, it wasn't open and he was cooling his gums on it. I still couldn't resist a photo to commemorate the important moment.

That leads me to the most fantastic of today's events...

::drum roll::

We have a TOOTH!!

I could see it just below the gum line this morning and I made sure to point it out to Matt, so I knew it was only a matter of time. Then tonight when we went into the kitchen to show Auntie Emma she commented how she could FEEL it, so I asked her to clarify...

Me: You mean it has broken through?!

Emma: Yep.

Me: ::squeals inside from ULTIMATE excitement::

So the time has come, folks. My little guy is just growing up before my very eyes and soon that gummy grin will reveal a little white Chiclet, otherwise known as a tooth.

I don't know if I'm ready for this.

No comments: