Wednesday 14 July 2010

Year 2 Day 287: I Would Walk 10,000 Steps


Yesterday was my health assessment to begin the NHS/Sandwell 'Beijing to London' walk where I was given a pedometer and told to try and walk 10,000 steps a day to improve health and fitness. In just fourteen weeks, I return to be reassessed and if I have made a 2% improvement, then I win £40 in vouchers.

To be fair, I would do it regardless of the prize because the pedometer alone is incentive enough for me. Plus, it's my only alternative since running and jogging are not an option for a bit with my weak knees and ankles.

I obviously had Ryan with me in the pushchair and was prepared for a nice hike up to Turner's Hill, the highest point in the area, but we had to cut that bit out due to the rain and having a bit of a late start.


This was Ryan in the home-stretch of the walk AND I managed to get my 10,000 steps today!! I'd say that was a success!

No comments: