Wednesday 18 August 2010

Year 2 Day 322: My Other First Love


Eight months on (as of tomorrow) and I am still completely head-over-heels in love with this little boy! Not that there was ever any doubt whether or not I would be, but still. He's learning and doing so much that I look forward to seeing every new development like it's Christmas!

Looking back now, I really can't imagine my life without him. Matt and I say nearly every night how glad we are that we have him now and how much joy he fills our hearts with.

Just in the past week he's so happy (screeching and giggling all the time), trying to stand without our "help" (he pushes our hands away), and he has even started to clap a little -- and let me tell you that there is nothing quite like the ::tic tic tic:: sound of a baby's clap.

Something I have also noticed is that he has finally settled down enough that he will sit in my lap while we look at a book together and he is actually interested in the book. His favourite at the moment is called Monkey and Me. It has lots of repetition (something that is great for babies and young pre-reading/early-reading children) and he likes when I point along to the words as I read. Tonight when I read it before he went up for his bath, he kept turning to look at me while I read. It was too sweet because he would look at the book, and then turn around to me and watch my lips for a minute and then smile so big!

Yep, our little Ryan is growing up so quickly before our very eyes and I'm doing what I can to savour every moment!

No comments: