Monday 15 November 2010

Y3 - 46/365: Definitely Indefinite


So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye...to United Kingdom Border Agency and immigration control!!

I was heading down the drive today, running a bit late for Ryan's appointment for his 12-month development check when I noticed the postman as he passed us. He then turned and asked my address. When I told him he said, "Oh, I have something for you then..." and he reached into his red Royal Mail messenger bag.

Ask me how difficult it was to not open it the entire way as I power walked to the Sure Start centre where Ryan's appointment was being held. In fact, as soon as I got there I ripped the envelope open to reveal my snazzy new Residence Permit with a valid date of 'INDEFINITE!'

This means I can come and go as I please now (essentially) and I don't have to keep record of proof that Matt and I still haven't killed one another (in the same home) and that we haven't been sponging off the government.

Now on to the final FINAL stage...citizenship!

Roll on, 2011!!!

No comments: