Friday 31 December 2010

Y3 - 92/365: Bring It On!


As 2010 draws to a close I took some time to sit and think of goals I'd like to set for 2011. Get a job? Lose weight? Develop ninja domesticity? Then I thought it's all well and good setting these goals, but do you know what happens when you tell people said goals? They play big brother and call you on them!

Now I don't know about any of you, but I don't want babysitters. So rather than announce my goals, I'm just going to keep them to myself for now. The last thing I want to do is let myself down because I can't follow through.

One thing I know for sure is that I want to set a goal to make certain I'm consciously taking in and absorbing the quality time I get with my family. That is first and foremost. I also want to do my best to tuck away money each month so I can save for three things...

  1. My items in boxes still in the US (Goal: to have them shipped here by summer)
  2. Application for British Citizenship (Goal: by the end of the year...although I'll be eligible to submit it in August)
  3. US Trip (Goal: make a visit by Christmas with Matt and Ryan -- which leads to two mini-goals, in that case)
    1. Go to the Embassy in London to register Ryan as a US Citizen born abroad
    2. Get Ryan's British and American passports
Other than that, no big complaints really for 2010. I was lucky enough to stay home and see my son grow through his first year of life -- that's been pretty fantastic! I could have done without the unnecessary 'moving house' mid-year...but that's just one of life's curve balls, I suppose.

It's all to be expected.

At least I have the support of good family and friends -- what more could I ask for?!

I joined Matt on the porch at the stroke of midnight tonight and we wished the other a Happy New Year. Then we watched all the displays of fireworks in the hills surrounding us as well as the mass release of what seemed like thousands of Chinese Lanterns -- it was mad to see! We just stood there, me in a t-shirt and Matt's slippers, and took it all in. Then I rushed back inside to make sure the little man of the house was still asleep.

He was, bless him!

Happy New Year to all my readers and many blessings for a healthy and happy 2011!!! x



Oh, and as far as you're concerned 2011....bring it!

No comments: