Tuesday 11 January 2011

Y3 - 103/365: Happy Happy, Boy Boy!


I went back to work for the first time in over a year today, so Ryan was sent to spend the day with his Nan and Grandad. Also his cousin, Amy, was there as well so you can see the effect it's had on him tonight. Looks like a happy boy to me!

The school I was assigned to was a primary school near Sparkbrook/Moseley. I ended up taking the train and then had to walk 1.5 miles to the school. I'm sure I could have taken a bus, but I have yet to take a bus in this country and although I'm sure it's simple, I guess I'd rather just get the exercise.

Matt picked me up from the school this afternoon and then we went back to fetch Ryan. I was surprised, but he didn't even immediately come to me when we got there, and instead went straight to Daddy.

Fine then.

Matt thinks it's because he was the one to dress him and feed him porridge that morning...but who knows. I have one more day at the same school tomorrow and then I won't have any work again for another fortnight or so. It will work out perfectly though because the money I earn supply teaching is enough so that I wouldn't have to work 5 days a week, thankfully. If  I work even just 4 days a month, that's easily near, if not spot on, £400.

Our goal is to get some bills paid with some of it and then use the rest to get my UK driving licence. Once that is sorted then I will be able to work a bit more if I need to and start putting money aside for things like getting my boxes from the States here (which I am desperate to do) and then saving to go back and visit family as well as apply for citizenship.

Here's hoping anyway.

No comments: