Sunday 6 February 2011

Y3 - 129/365: And Another One


Another "milestone" ticked off the list, that is. Tonight, with Mommy as his spotter, Ryan ascended the stairs for the first time!!

We had just returned home from Em & Daz's and decided that because of the time he would just have a bath and head straight to bed. So, after a bit of a play downstairs with his castle with Daddy while Mommy prepared things upstairs, we all went up together.


Myst was initially used as bait, er, I mean encouragement to get him to go up. And although he won't have free or unsupervised access to the steps, we'd rather him be comfortable with the safe/proper way of using them.

By the time he had gotten halfway I begged Matt to go grab my camera.


Thankfully he got it just in time for me to snap these few photos and a very proud little boy at the peak! Naturally we weren't far behind with huge grins on our faces. Go, little man!!


He managed the small step up to the bathroom then on his own and ran over to the tub, looking back at us as if to say, "Come on, you two...it's bath time! Get my toothbrush ready and let's get this show on the road!"

I love it!

I must also point out that as of this weekend, I have learned of yet another friend who is expecting this year and to say I'm elated for them is an understatement!! 

In the past seven weeks, in fact, two people I know have had their babies...one being my cousin and his wife -- their first, a gorgeous little angel called Emma. Then I learned of a long-time friend and her husband, a high school friend and her hubby...and then her sister is having her fourth. Then, while catching up on a blog I learned of a college friend and her third on the way...and now another couple, one a fellow OU alum as well, have just announced they are expecting as well!! That's SEVEN soon-to-be (or just new) mommies and daddies and I think it's the most wonderful thing ever!!

Enough to make one broody again, that's for sure!!

I feel like I want to shout from the rooftops how wonderful this feels, to be a parent. How much they will love every moment, even with the lack of sleep, the bodily fluids they will witness, and the uncertainty sometimes of knowing whether or not they're doing it right...it's so, SO incredibly worth it!

A huge congratulations to all the new mommies and daddies out there as well as the parents-to-be. Embrace your little blessings and take in and savour every moment. I think this all the time and I will say it over and over, especially for the first-timers...this is the BEST feeling you will feel EVER and no amount of love you have felt for anyone or anything can top the love you will feel for your children!

Enjoy them!! x

2 comments:

Natalie said...

:) Thanks Meggo! :)

I hope you know that I'm going to be emailing you ALL the time. You are doing such an amazing job as Ryan's Mommy, and I'm going to need lots of pointers!!

Meg said...

You're welcome, Natalie!! And absolutely e-mail me as much as you'd like. I'm more than happy to help as much as you need. :-)

You and Jeff will make wonderful parents and I think it's safe to say that you need NO convincing whatsoever on how much you will love and cherish this new journey! You're going to be a natural! xx