Saturday 2 April 2011

Y3 - 184/365: A Good Time


Matt asked me recently, "Did you ever imagine that parenting would be THIS much fun?" I told him that I always knew I would enjoy it, but honestly no, I had no idea how much fun it would be.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all fun and games. There are sleepless nights, the mind-numbing crying that nothing seems to work on sometimes and it makes you want to scream, and the messy nappies that would make a burly man cringe...but all of that aside, when you see the delight on your child's face, and the pure happiness in their demeanour, it is SUCH a rewarding feeling that you are responsible for that and you created this beautiful blessing.

I think too often it's easy, for a new or young parent especially, to get caught up in all the negatives and for them to focus on how much it's affecting their life. No doubt this is increased when people have multiple children or other things weighing on their minds...it can be so overwhelming. But this little boy in my life has been the best therapy for Matt and me. However awful the day might be going and however much our little man may be trying our patience, one little hug or cheeky grin from him just makes it all so worth it and I understand when people say their children are their best accomplishments.


He's so entertaining  and clever and I cherish him more than anything!

No comments: