Tuesday 5 April 2011

Y3 - 187/365: That'll Do, Thanks!


Last night was a bit rough for all of us in terms of sleep. Ryan went down, but was back up several times in the night. In fact, probably two or three times before Matt or myself even went to bed! So bearing this in mind, I knew getting him down for a nap this afternoon wasn't going to be easy.

Sometimes when Ryan has a hard time going down for a nap, he will sit up as soon as he feels my hand leave his back. So, when I noticed my plushie Bobcat close by, I decided to try something out. He has beans in his feet and belly so there is a bit of weight to it...meaning when placed on Ryan's back, still gives the sensation of pressure from someone's hand on his back.

It did the trick!

Well...until I got down the steps...then I heard the crying, so back up I went. He eventually went down and had a good 45 minutes, but it seems sleep is just not on the agenda for today.


Later in the afternoon we had a delivery a bit sooner than we expected. Ryan's new floaty, bath octopus pal with baby octopi (?). The babies have numbers 1-8, are squirters and they suction to the side of the bath. The main octopus head has holes for water to drain through so it sprinkles like a shower.

We decided to have a bit of a dry run with it and it seems so far he loves it!

No comments: