Tuesday 14 June 2011

Y3 - 257/365: Stay...Just a Little Bit Longer


I ended my post this afternoon with a Reception class so thankfully there wasn't any marking to be done and the teacher returned to the room before home time, which meant I got to go ahead and take off. In turn, I got the "early" train home, took it a stop further to Cradley Heath, and then walked from Cradley Heath, uphill through Quarry Bank, and over a couple sets of lights to David & Josie's to surprise Ryan. However, since Ryan was expecting Daddy and not Mommy, it took him a few moments to take in the fact that I was there.

As soon as we got home, all I heard was "cah-cah-cah" so I told him to get his car and he quickly shuffled back to the centre of his room with his little colour changer car.

Clever little man!

At bedtime, we've been reading Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? (which he loves now) and then he picks up his sheep from his Great Nanny and holds onto him as we take him in our bedroom, get him snuggled up in his sleep sack, and give him time to nurse. Tonight was especially sweet because whereas he will normally feed until he falls asleep (or sign for 'more milk') with eyes wide open...he didn't do either. Instead, he unlatched on his own, dabbed the corner of his mouth with the sheep's ear, wrapped his arm around him and closed his eyes to sleep!

I nearly teared up because our baby boy is growing up so fast!

No comments: