Monday 9 July 2012

Y4 - 283/365: Shades of Grey


The clouds outside have been full of all sorts of shades, so Ryan insisted on his new Thomas umbrella to accompany him on his mooch around the garden this afternoon.


And of course, there is this version. Fifty Shades "Freed" and I'm nearly there!! I never thought when I started this trilogy I would like it the way I do, but for anyone who has properly read any of the books, they would understand there is more to the book than just the steamy scenes. In fact, I can now appreciate why some people get upset at others who slam the book for being "trash" or "no good" without even properly reading it all the way through.

"I only made it to the third chapter of the first book," is NOT an excuse! There is so much more of a storyline there and even if one went as far as to quickly skim the blush-worthy bits, you would still get the gist and learn a lot more about why the characters are the way they are.

So, if any readers out there are thinking of throwing in the towel on this book, please don't. Give it a chance. You may find yourself surprised and enjoying quite a bit of it, like me and a few others I know.

As my sister-in-law, Emma, pointed out...you know the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover?"

Well...apply that now.

Yes, the writing may get to some and the phrases may be overly British and overly used...but if you can get past those bits, you'll see what I'm on about.

And no, I didn't read it to Ryan...in case you were wondering! He climbed onto my lap and asked, "Mama, what those words say?"

I told him they said lots of different stuff and asked if he would like to learn to read words in his books some day.

Just then a smile spread across his little face and he exclaimed, "Yeah! Just like YOU!"

Bless.

No comments: